“Let’s Keep Learning” is a no-profit and social utility (Onlus) association based in Vasto (Italy) specialized in care and assistance for disadvantaged people, in particulary children and young.
“Let’s Keep Learning” deals with;
• raising consciousness about psychological, social and educational disconfort
• counselling for parents and who works with disadvantaged people or who shows psychological or social problems, social unrest and/or issues related to school learning
• career guidance and promotion of entrepreneurship for students, degree, womens in difficulties, unemployed, disadvantaged people
The Association relies on the work of experts in the field of professional training, psychotherapy, psychology, education, counselling, career guidance and legal advice to offer to all its members whole support and advice.
The Association organizes conferences, training courses and seminars, round-tables, and also meetings with the formula of mutual-help, which provides for dialogue and discussion, in a “protected” environment, with people who share the same experiences.
In the context of the activities related to learning difficulties school, the Association offers its members a service of after-school specialist.
The Association participates in European projects in the field of training and research.
Over the years the association has created a dense network of partnerships with schools, training centers and public authorities (municipalities, cultural centers).
The LKL Association has been responsible of several projects within;
• Lifelong Learning Program, Leonardo da Vinci Preparatory Visits
• Local Professional Training Program for trainer and workers in the field of assistance of disabled children or elder
• Retraining Teachers Program in collaboration with Institute Nuova Direzione Didattica in year 2014 and 2015
In harmony with the social purposes specified in the bylaws, has participated in various transnational projects as partner and it has devoleped the skills to design and implement activities for strategic partnerships and for mobility projects of students, trainers and workers.
Professionals working in partnership LKL are used to dealing with renovation and training, especially for teachers of primary schools, on topics of interactive teaching through multimedia board.
Some members of the association are also teachers of kindergarten and primary school, so well familiar with what the problems are and the resistance encountered in the introduction of new teaching methods in primary schools.
Over the years the association has created a dense network of partnerships with primary schools in the area and it could easily involve them in testing these guidelines and new protocols.
The experience and knowledge to the following activities relevant for this project are:
• designing and planning of mobility projects for the inclusion of refugees, training and employability of European citizens
• identification of objectives and operational guidelines consistent with the needs identified
• founding, analysis and presentation of information useful for economic and social mobility
• lanning and management of training activities, workshops and guided tours for groups on the mobility
• monitoring and evaluation of the results of the mobility activities and, more generally, of the project
• reporting and the preparation of final reports and certificates
• ability to integrate and adapt to International workplace,
• adaptability to change and flexibility to work in the European area,
• interpersonal skills and discussion in new working contexts
• intercultural and European awareness
• ICT skills derived from the large use of digital and multimedia tools during the project and using all communication languages, iconic, conventional, emotional.
The Steering Group of the association has developed over the years a long and proven experience in the context of professional training projects including those that provide a mobility period abroad for the attendees; in particular, the members are in possession of the following skills and experiences
• Excellent ICT skills
• Ability to design specific projects and training courses and retraining realized also through internships or traineeships abroad
• Communication skills, team working and problem solving
• Technical organizational, relational and management aimed at promoting exchanges and mobility in the European and interaction with networks and organizations involved in the mobility
• Linguistic and intercultural skills that are essential for the inclusion and integration of the target group interested in European mobility for professional development and training.